Jeudi 20 Septembre 2018 plan du site informations légales
 
BIENVENUE SUR LE SITE DE L'OFFICE DE TOURISME DE CRUAS
BIENVENUE SUR LE SITE DE L'OFFICE DE TOURISME DE CRUAS
Baix Village  |  Meysse Village  |  Rochemaure Village  |  Saint Vincent de Barrès Village  |  Saint Martin sur Lavezon Village  |  Saint Pierre la Roche Village  |  Saint Lager Bressac Village  |  Saint Bauzile Village  |  Saint Symphorien sous Chomérac Village
     
Rechercher
 
 

english version
OFFICE DE TOURISME  
DE CRUAS

OFFICE DE TOURISME DE CRUAS
1, place de la Liberté
07350 CRUAS
Tél: 04 75 49 59 20
Fax: 04 75 51 47 43
E-mail: otsi.cruas@wanadoo.fr

 

 

Saint Symphorien sous Chomerac

 
Symphorien was a really young christian martyred and died in Autun in 179. Foremerly, the town was called Saint Symphorien and Saint Alban, it was renamed Saint-Symphorien-sous-Chomérac on the 22nd of January of 1956.
It's a town which is part of the Chomérac canton and of the Privas district. 684 inhabitants, the ''Symphoriniens''. The area is 8km².
It's situated at about 200 meters high, 4km from Chomérac and 11 km from Privas. Seperated from the Rhone by hills, the town territory is a part of Gras beetween the rivers l'Ouvèze and la Payre, caracterized by an open break in the massif from ''la cuesta'' of St Alban oriented North-South.
Long forgotten the little roman churches are often the only ancient building of a town. Since some decades, they have been retaured. Recognized ancient monument in 1985, the one of St Symphorien has received a whole new roof, still with no frame.
Two heads roughly sculpted have been incrusted in the west frontage of the chapel of the Vierge (virgin's chapel) : the ambiguous being JANUS the god of the two faces and MITHRA god of the legions.
Paleolithic deposit.
Museum of the basketry at the Bayles domain.




-

  © Office de Tourisme de Cruas 2007 - 2018 identification membres